Friday 23 December 2011

Holiday Shopping Ideas!


Lots of great comments for our first list (Holiday Shopping Ideas!), so lets give this one another go round. As part of our annual Shopmas tradition, I cull some of my more interesting fascinations, acquisitions, and other items I stumble each year, as well as items off of my own overstuffed wish list.
Your feedback about the breadth of gift ideas keeps encouraging more of these, so here is our second round of last minute ideas for those of you have been very, very good. Or at least, those of you who were not leveraged long with no stop losses in place.
Go forth and stimulate!
~~~
• Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas ($9) Ella at the top of her game made what is simply the best holiday disc ever recorded.
Those of you that mocked my suggestion of a JT holiday disc, I dare you to try with this one.
If this disc doesn’t make you smile, you are a hopeless grinch. Spike a cup of coffee with some Kahlua or Baileys and enjoy.
~~~
• Billy Jealousy Hydroplane ($19.50) I use this “Super-Slick Shave Cream” as a preshave to lubricate my skin. Less irritation, fewer nicks and cuts, a closer shave.
And, an 8 oz bottle lasts me almost a year. (but I use my razors 2X then they go in the garbage)
This is great stuff.


• Florilegium Imperiale: Botanical Illustrations ($114)
Francis I of Austria was the last monarch to rule over the Holy Roman Empire, and the imperial gardens remains one of Vienna’s most beloved treasures. In 1791, he commissioned Matthias Schmutzer to paint portraits of every flower in his garden – a project that took more than three decades to complete.
Until now, only six of the extant 1,300 paintings have ever been published. This collection features 120 of the most outstanding of Schmutzer’s watercolours, painted life-size and with extraordinary precision.
This book will delight botanical historians and lovers of flower art alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment